Menu

Book Blog: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightning Thief book 1

March 5, 2014 - Books

Percy J bookEveryone has seen the movie Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief, but not all have read it. Believe me, there is a HUGE difference between the book and the movie and by huge I mean HUGE with other monsters, a totally different plot, new enemies, other obstacles and many more added things!

Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief is a book about a 13-14 year old half-blood boy with sea-blue eyes that would light up the room, black shaggy hair, and a bright face.  Percy, the son of Poseidon, would prefer to stay with his mortal mom than stay at Camp Half-blood and be trained to face monsters.  However, Percy is very clever in his training; for instance, when he faces enemies who are talkative, Percy talks with them too in order to learn their P with Atricks, and then BAM, he defeats them by using their own methods against them.  The main plot of the book is that Percy was accused of stealing Zeus’ master bolt! So he, Annabeth (daughter of Athena), and his buddy Grover (a satyr) went on a quest full of monsters, problems, and traps at every corner to find the master bolt and rightfully return it to Zeus to stop world war three from ever happening!

My favourite part of the book was learning about Greek mythology.  All the gods like Athena (goddess of wisdom),  Poseidon (god of the sea), Ares (god of war), and much more. Some other things I have learned from the book is how Medusa became Medusa, why Athena never likes Poseidon, why the “big three” (Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades) aren’t P and lballowed to have kids, and more, like how dangerous it could be to be a half-blood with monsters like the Furies, the Minotaur, and Medusa.  This book has made me really interested to read more and learn about more greek mythology.

Percy Jackson is a series of books that has many thrilling adventures with problems, monsters, and traps. So for you adventure lovers, this book would be the book for YOU!  I’d like to challenge a few friends to read this book too:

In conclusion,  right now I am almost done the second book and I can’t what to read more!!!

5 thoughts on “Book Blog: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightning Thief book 1

Rachel Bradley

Hi Luca! Great comparison between the book and the movie. I have almost always found that I enjoy the books so much more than the movies! I think the major reason is what you mentioned: the books have more details than the movies and the movies always seem to leave out information. Have you ever watched a movie that you liked better than the book? We sure miss you!

Reply
    Luca Rios

I have never liked a movie more than the book because it could be so much better than it is! But I understand they have a limited amount of time to show the movie so they can’t show every detail by detail from the book. I still injoy the movie but I like the book better.
    Thank you for reading my blog!!!

Reply
vedant852

Luca I agree with you. THE MOVIE IS ALMOST NOTHING ALIKE WITH THE BOOK. I have a question for you. What did you like better the movie or the book for The Lightning Thief? Have you watched the Sea of Monsters?

Reply
Luca Rios

I like the book better!
And yes, I watched sea of monsters on my plain ride here!

Reply
Luca Rios

I like the book better!
And yes, I watched sea of monsters on my plane ride here!

Reply